Appreciate local art this weekend at Arts in Bloom in historic downtown McKinney on Saturday, April 14.
Throughout the day, McKinney Main Street will feature over 150 local and regional artists, showcasing a variety mediums in addition to music, food, and other activities. Fun is to be expected!
The Art Walk and Chalk Walk will last from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., but there will be a lot more going on throughout McKinney.
Activities posted on the McKinney Main Street website include:
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Over 150 local and regional artists will showcase their talents as they line the streets in store fronts throughout the twelve-block area of downtown for our community and beyond to take part in downtown's annual Art Walk.
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Sidewalks spring to life with color and creativity when artists' imaginations run wild at Chalk Walk on the sidewalks surrounding McKinney Performing Arts Center.
- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. - MISD Students will present their impressive work with the Annual High School Art Show and Competition in the Gallery at McKinney Performing Arts Center.
- 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. - The Farmers Market at Chestnut Square
- 9 a.m. - McKinney Musical Arts Society Young Artist Piano Competition at the Heard Craig Center for the Arts.
- 7:30 p.m. - DD and the Studebakers perform a jukebox of favorites from the 1950's and 60's at McKinney Performing Arts Center in the Courtroom Theater.
7 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Second Saturdays in downtown McKinney will round off a perfect spring day as the evening kicks into full energy with live music, gallery exhibits, and many stores saying open for the evening crowds.
Arts in Bloom is free and open to the public.
For more information, please click here.
Historic downtown McKinney is located at 111 N. Tennessee St.