National Back to Church Sunday: A 2014 City-Wide Initiative Set for Sept. 21st. Rally set for Sept 13th at Bonnie Wenk Park.
Imagine the possibilities when every church, regardless of the denomination, works together in a community! With this concept in mind, The Host of Churches in Mckinney Texas is having its 2nd Annual National back to church Sunday, Citywide Initiative to invite our community back to church or to church for the 1st time. The rally is scheduled for Saturday, 9/13/2014 from 2PM-7PM at Bonnie Wenk Park on Virginia Parkway.
We are very excited to have received the Support of Patt Lobb Toyota, Encore Wire, Integrated Environmental Solutions LLC and TAPS for their support and generous contributions to this event!
We are in discussion with TAPS to provide transportion from a Location in East McKinney, stopping again at the Central Location of Towne Lake for pick ups and a West Side location TBD. This is a phenominal opportunity to be able to provide transportaion to those that otherwise wouldnt be able to get to the Bonnie Wenk Location.
With a little bit of coordination, amazing things are happening and we thank this city for its amazing support!
That is also why we are petitioning your church to partner with us and the City of McKinney in its second city-wide initiative in support of Back to Church Sunday, which is on Sept. 21, 2013.
We've also had some exciting updates to this year's upcoming event:
- Mayor Brian Loughmiller will be presenting the Proclamation
- Texas State Representative Scott Sanford approved as one of the Key Speakers
- Pastor Dewayne Owens, book author and highly sought after motivational speaker, will be our Host for this event
- Lily, the daughter of Pastor Shi Weihan, also known as John Stone, Asian Persecuted Christian Leader from Voice of the Martyred approved as a Key Speaker. She is 18 and truly speaking from an amazing 1st hand experience.
- Pastor Ben Trevino from Mundo De Fe McKinney approved as a Key Speaker
- Frisco Local Eric Brown and Dallas FT Worth area local Michael Cade who will share with you from a place that will touch your hearts.
- Much more in store for you.....
Invite, Invite, Invite, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, bring blankets and lawn chairs as we will have a wonderful time in unity.
National Back to Church Sunday is an amazing opportunity to share God's love, as it empowers church members to be the strongest form of outreach through the power of personal invitations.
In only five years, Back to Church Sunday has become the single largest community outreach in the nation with over 21,884 churches participating as of today with 1136 International churches participating all sharing the simple message and mission of inviting everyone back to church. Millions of people received a personal invitation to church and the average increase in church attendance was 38%.
A citywide effort benefits the local church by:
- Exemplifying unity in the body of Christ as multiple churches promote their events together in the community
- Creating a bond between participating churches/denominations as they rally around a common cause
- Providing greater exposure for participating churches as the local media pick up on it as a community event
- Encouraging members to think of their community beyond their family and friends
- Providing economies of scale for promotion as more churches can reach more people
- Portraying a unified purpose among believing churches in the community
- Exposing the community to available churches near them, helping people find a church home
- Developing church partnerships that can support and strengthen one another all year
Our next meeting for any churches interested in participating in the 2014 National Back to Church Sunday will be held on July 14 at 7 p.m. at Fire Station # 7 on Independence parkway, just south of Virginia Parkway. If you are interested in volunteering, being a sponsor, or your church participating, please contact Chairs Rolanda Greer at 972-658-3964 or Sonya Paul at 469-288-4539 with any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you.