The greatest 2 minutes in sports is happening May 1st, and Historic Downtown McKinney and Lone Star Wine Cellars are throwing a Derby Day Wine & Whiskey Walk! Before you head off to the races, spend your day sipping, shopping, and exploring Historic Downtown McKinney! When it comes to the Derby, fashion is almost as important as the races! Bright spring colors, decorative hats, and bold accessories paired with your best Derby-day-ware will score you discounts at participating shops!
"Riders Up!" This event will sell out so get your tickets early!
Choose your ticket type as Wine Only Walk or upgrade your experience to the Wine & Whiskey Walk!
Wine Only Walk: $25 + tax includes a souvenir wine glass, fashionable wine glass holder, and a wine passport for 12 tastes of hand-selected Lone Star Wine Cellar wines! Lone Star is elevating this wine walk offering you a selection of their premium wines distributed to 20+ charming shops of downtown McKinney. Get your wine passport stamped at 12 shops and return your completed passport to the finish line at Lone Star Wine Cellars to spin the wheel and see if you make it into Winner's Circle!
Wine & Whiskey Walk: $35 + tax includes all the fun of the wine walk package plus some extra derby flare with derby day cocktail samples at 4 neighborhood restaurants including CT Provisions Cocktail Parlor & Kitchen, Sugarbacon Proper Kitchen, The Garage, & The Pub!
To begin the walk please print your ticket and retrieve your passports and wine gear from your assigned check-in location that will be emailed to you the week of the event.
- We’re having fun while maintaining social distancing on this self-paced walk.
- Tickets are very limited! Register now to snag a ticket for the fun!
- To maintain social distancing, communication will be shared via email in advance the week of the event so that you know where to start your tasting journey at one of three check-in locations!
- Post up to start your walk at your preferred check-in time! With the extended hours, check-in timeframe windows are from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm, 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm, and 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm. Please plan to be finished with your tasting at the end of your window so we can accommodate social distancing!
- We will pour the beverage for you - no touch!
Cheers from your friends at Lone Star Wine Cellars and McKinney Main Street!