Imagine the possibilities when every church, regardless of the denomination, works together in a community! With this concept in mind, Eternity Community Church is coordinating an inititative to organize a city-wide rally on Sept. 7 in support of National Back to Church Sunday, which is Sept. 15.
It’s not that difficult — it just takes a little bit of coordination. That is why we are petitioning your church to partner with Eternity Community Church and the City of McKinney in its first city-wide initiative in support of Back to Church Sunday, which is on Sept. 15, 2013.
We've also had some exciting updates to this year's upcoming event:
- Mayor Brian Loughmiller will be presenting the Proclamation
- Texas State Representative Scott Sanford approved as one of the Key Speakers
- Pastor Dewayne Owens, book author and highly sought after motivational speaker, approved as a Key Speaker
- Weihan Shi, also known as John Stone, Asian Persecuted Christian Leader from Voice of the Martyred approved as a Key Speaker
National Back to Church Sunday is an amazing opportunity to share God's love, as it empowers church members to be the strongest form of outreach through the power of personal invitations. Eternity Community Church is forming a coalition of churches in McKinney to partner together to organize. The church will be hosting it's second informal meeting on June 24 at 6 p.m. to discuss the event objectives. The meeting will be held at 901 N. McDonald Street, Suite #502.
In only four years, Back to Church Sunday has become the single largest community outreach in the nation with 13,152 churches participating in 2012 alone. Millions of people received a personal invitation to church and the average increase in church attendance was 38%. So far in 2013, 13,260 churches nationwide are participating, sharing in the simple message and mission of inviting everyone Back to Church.
A citywide effort benefits the local church by:
- Exemplifying unity in the body of Christ as multiple churches promote their events together in the community
- Creating a bond between participating churches/denominations as they rally around a common cause
- Providing greater exposure for participating churches as the local media pick up on it as a community event
- Encouraging members to think of their community beyond their family and friends
- Providing economies of scale for promotion as more churches can reach more people
- Portraying a unified purpose among believing churches in the community
- Exposing the community to available churches near them, helping people find a church home
- Developing church partnerships that can support and strengthen one another all year
A meeting for any churches interested in participating in the 2013 National Back to Church Sunday will be held on July 22 at 6 p.m.
Please contact Bishop Kenneth Diggs 972-542-9556 or Sister Rolanda Greer or Sister Sonya Paul at 313-401-2994 with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.