Whether you're road tripping to the Texas coast or flying somewhere more exotic, there are about a million things to remember to stuff in your bag. Packing is probably the least enjoyable aspect of any vacation, but unfortunately, it's also one of the most important, so you'll have to dedicate some time to planning. Annoying, I know.
The question is, what are the items you don't want to forget before heading to sandy shores?
Sure, you've got enough sunscreen to slather an army in SPF 50, but there's more to beach safety than that. You'll probably want:
- A hat that can protect your tender scalp and shade your eyes while you're out and about
- Water floaties for any little ones who aren't totally confident in their swimming abilities
- A waterproof bag for electronics that might just save your life (or at least your phone)
- Bug spray, because no one wants to debut bare legs covered in splotchy insect bites
- Sunglasses - your eyes can get sunburnt too!
- A breathable cover-up to go over your swimsuit
Okay, I'll admit it: These are the boring items that you don't necessarily want to think about, but they'll make your life so much easier.
- A beach bag to help you tote around all those pool toys and tasty snacks
- Big beach towels that are perfect for spreading out on the sand
- Sandals that you don't really care about (so that you won't shed a tear when they're unbearably sandy)
- Plastic bags so you can separate your sopping wet swimsuit from your clean dry clothes
- Refillable water bottles, because hydration is important!
- Aloe vera for that person who will get sunburnt, even with all the sunscreen you brought
- A giant umbrella so that you can take a few breaks in the shade without having to rent a cabana
- Foldable chairs (if you can) because they're more comfortable than towels on the ground
- A small, portable cooler for transporting refreshing drinks
Finally, the things you're actually excited to grab before you head out.
- Goggles and/or snorkeling gear for underwater wildlife viewing
- Inflatable rafts or toys to set your Instagram on fire
- A waterproof speaker that will let you blast your tunes without worrying about the occasional splash
- Frisbees or beach balls for friendly games on the sand
- A book for reading while you relax to the sound of gentle waves
Obviously, these aren't all of the items you'll need, but hopefully, the list will get you started! Bon voyage!