Everyone dreads the expiration of their Texas driver's license. Once the date rolls around, you have four ways you can renew your license: online, over the phone, by mail or in person.
Obviously, most people avoid heading to the DMV at all costs, but there are certain circumstances that require in-person renewals. Most commonly, you need to renew your license in person if your last renewal was not in person. Therefore, we all have to make the trek to the DMV at some point and wait in line to obtain a fresh license.
If you want to make the process as expedient as possible, here are a handful of tips that will ensure you're prepared and speedy in the DMV.
- Pick an unpopular time to go. Visiting a DPS office or the DMV can be much faster if you visit in the middle of the week. The beginning and ends of months also tend to be pretty busy.
- Do not go during lunchtime. Chances are, you won't make it out in less than an hour.
- Get in line before you even get in the car. By visiting this website, you can save your spot in line and decrease your wait time prior to arriving at the DMV.
- Bring your current driver's license with you, along with another form of identification. This can be a passport, social security card, or another approved document.
- Double-check with the Texas DPS site before going to make sure you have everything you need to qualify for a renewal.
Do you have other tips for cutting down on wait time when renewing your license? Leave recommendations in the comments below!