It has been an honor serving the City of McKinney as an At-Large member of the City Council since 2013. To the citizens of McKinney, thank you for this great opportunity. With the encouragement and support of family and many friends, I have decided to run for the office of Mayor of the City of McKinney.
I am proud of my experience and record as a Council member. The city continues to grow and embrace opportunities in many areas. Over the past few years on Council, I have championed:
- The creation of a Retail Strategy
- Modifications to the Zoning Ordinance (zoning classifications and use charts)
- Modifications to the Drainage Ordinance in an effort to streamline the development process
- Initiated discussions with TxDOT, County and State elected officials to aid in the planning and future expansions of US Highway 75 throughout McKinney
The foundation of McKinney is strong, and the city is well positioned to take advantage of it. The future of our city has never been brighter, and I look forward to being a part of it for many years to come.
- Maintain the relationships between the City of McKinney and Its business partnerships. (i.e. McKinney Economic Development Corporation, Community Development Corporation, Chamber of Commerce, McKinney National Airport, McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Historic Downtown District)
- Continue to improve the City of McKinney’s reputation in the business community
- Strategic planning for future growth by infrastructure improvements and preserving and planning for remaining commercial corridors
- Improve the ratio of commercial tax base to residential tax base through job growth without increasing the city tax rates
- Preserve and protect the city’s nationally recognized quality of life
McKinney is a great place to live and work. I have been blessed by being here, and I fully subscribe to the sentiment that we should learn, earn, and return. In serving as your next Mayor, I plan to continue the work that I have been involved in during my time as a council representative. I welcome you to join me in Building a Better Community. I thank you in advance for your support and your vote in this election on May 6, 2017.
Pogue lives in McKinney with his wife Emily and their children Meredith, Samantha and Lincoln.