It’s spring! Are you enjoying the weather? How are those New Year’s resolutions going? Still working out like you planned, getting ready for summer?
I know, I know. You got busy. I get busy too! We all do. Life gets crazy, doesn’t it? It’s easy to feel like we’re too busy to fit in a good workout. But you know what will happen if we don’t exercise, right? Not exercising actually makes you feel more tired, like you have less energy. And if you have less energy, you don’t feel like working out. Between your busy schedule and being tired, it turns into a vicious cycle and it’s so easy to just stop exercising.
Don’t fall for that! It’s so important for your health to keep exercising, and exercising is what keeps your energy levels up! Even with a really hectic schedule you can still fit exercise into your day. Here are some ideas for how to work out on a busy schedule:
1. Go for quality over quantity. Did you know you can get a very efficient and effective workout in in just 15 minutes? Check out high-intensity interval training (HIIT), bodyweight exercises, and tabata training. These are all exercises that can be packed into a very small amount of time, but they can really give you a great energy boost and help with fat loss. You can do either high-intensity interval strength training, or high-intensity interval cardio training, or combine them depending on what you need.
2. Do something you like! You’ve heard me say this before, but it’s so important. Find an exercise you like to do! If there’s something physical that you really enjoy doing, you won’t have to work so hard to fit it into your day. It will be something you really look forward to, instead of “Oh, ugh, I have to go work out.” You are much more likely to stick with an activity you enjoy doing. So, what do you like? Dancing? Yoga? Kickboxing? Basketball? Running? Whatever it is, go for it! Don’t feel like you have to be tied to a gym or to someone else’s idea of exercise.
3. Join Team Challenges. Competition can be a great motivator to stick with your exercise routine. Set a goal and then let the group challenge you to stick with it, meet your goal or maybe even do better than your goal! If you don’t know where to find a Team Challenge, just let me know and I’ll get you started with one that fits your needs! A good team can challenge you to find creative ways to fit your workout in.
4. Make an appointment with yourself. It’s so easy to let other things get in the way of our workouts. Think of it this way—if you had a doctor’s appointment scheduled, would you skip it if you decided you just didn’t feel like going? Of course you wouldn’t! Treat your workout the same way. You can even think of it as an appointment for your health, because … well, because it is! When you invest time in your own health, you will feel better, and you will spend less time (and money) in the doctor’s office.
5. Something is better than nothing. It all counts, I promise. Even if all you can do in a very busy day is some yoga at your desk, do it! On a very busy day think about parking far away so that you can get your steps in. Take the stairs, always. And even on the busiest day see if you can swing just 15—or even 10!—minutes of bodyweight exercises or HIIT. It all counts.
Of course, check out all the different workout programs Beachbody offers. Several of the Beachbody programs have those short, intense workouts that you can slip right into your day. For starters, TurboFire, P90X, and PiYo have some awesome options for shorter workouts. I’m more than happy to help you figure out which is the right program for you. Shoot me a text to 972-786-3605 if you have any questions or are ready to get started with a Spring fitness program!