Let's be honest: it's incredibly difficult not to be cliche when Valentine's Day rolls around. Chocolates and flowers? Hardly original. This year, skip the fancy dinner and movie. It's time to plan an adventurous date that you'll remember for years to come. Need some ideas? Here are ten impressive dates that your significant other will never forget.
1. Get your adrenaline pumping. Nothing makes for a better bonding experience than a heart-pounding, once in a lifetime experience. Finally check skydiving off your bucket list or visit an interactive snake exhibit. There are also many places in Texas to cliff dive, take helicopter rides, or play paintball. Find an experience that will get your blood pumping and create a Valentine's Day unlike any other.
2. Volunteer your time together. Whether you're a couple that's passionate about animals or you love working with children, there are so many places that would appreciate your help in the Dallas area. Find a charitable organization where you can offer your services and enjoy spending the day making a difference instead of indulging yourselves.
3. Go shopping and pick out outfits for one another. This is a great way to revamp your wardrobe while still spending quality time together. Plus, both sides will really enjoy getting the chance to dress up the other.
4. Skip the dinner and go straight to dessert. Dallas is a wonderful city for a dessert crawl, and what better time to try it out than V-Day? Select a handful of restaurants with tasty treats and hop from place to place. Chocolates and ice cream for dessert is a surefire way to win anyone's heart.
5. Swap out the fancy dinner for a boozy brunch. Everyone's always worried about how they'll spend Valentine's Day evening, but what about bucking the trend and making the morning the highlight of the day? Book a reservation at a classy brunch joint, then spend the rest of the day relaxing. You won't have to fight as many crowds but you'll still get to enjoy a memorable meal out.
6. Take a trip down memory lane. Prior to Valentine's Day, print out a selection of photos from your time together. Then, spend the holiday crafting a way to display all of them. This can be a bulletin board, a photo album, a large frame, or whatever you want.
7. Try couples' yoga. As weird and uncomfortable as this experience sounds, it's one all couples should try eventually. Chances are, you'll end up laughing hysterically after miserably failing to recreate most of the poses.
8. Grab food to-go and head out to find a beautiful picnic location. Okay, sure, picnics aren't exactly unique, but as long as you find a really cool location to relax at, this can definitely be a memorable occasion. Try checking out one of Texas' many state or national parks for some breathtaking views.
9. Embrace your inner child. Head to the arcade for pizza, laser tag, and plenty of games. After all, who says Valentine's Day has to be an elegant occasion? You can have just as much (if not more) fun spending the evening like a couple of lovesick teenagers.
10. Check out a casino. Gambling and drinking might not sound romantic, but it's certainly a memorable way to spend the evening. There are a couple of huge casinos within driving distance from the DFW area, so check them out and make some memories, even if you lose a little money.
Do you have other ideas for a special Valentine's date? Let us know in the comments!